L293D Motor Drive Plate Control Shield Drive Expansion Board For Arduino
- L293D is a monolithic integrated, high voltage, high current, 4-channel driver.
- Basically this means using this chip you can use DC motors and power supplies of up to 36 Volts,
thats some pretty big motors and the chip can supply a maximum current of 600mA per channel,
the L293D chip is also what's known as a type of H-Bridge. The H-Bridge is typically an electrical circuit that enables a voltage
to be applied across a load in either direction to an output, e.g. motor.
- 2 interface for 5V Servo connected to For Ardui-no's high-resolution dedicated timer - no jitter!
- Can drive 4 DC motors or 2 stepper motors or 2 Servo
- Up to 4 bi-directional DC motors with individual 8-bit speed selection
- Up to 2 stepper motors (unipolar or bipolar) with single coil, double coil or interleaved stepping.
- 4 H-Bridges: per bridge provides 0.6A (1.2A peak current) with thermal protection, can run motors on 4.5V to 36V DC
- Pull down resistors keep motors disabled during power-up
- Reset button
- 2 external terminal power interface, for seperate logic/motor supplies
- Tested compatible for Ardui-no Mega, Diecimila & Duemilanove
- Size: 7cm*5.3cm/2.76"*2.09"